First of all WOW! I am most honoured and humbled by this award, thanks to the wonderful Shaqeena for her generous nomination http://www.chubbychupz.com. She’s truly amazing with her honest humour and cool character, displayed through her thoughts and words. I am so excited and flattered to be part of this blogging sisterhood; hoping that I may post more miscellanea well worth your reading.
So here are 11 random facts about PinkPerla, aka Ingy,
1. My real name means Pearl in Turkish
2. I’m not Turkish though, I’m Egyptian, yet proud of my alleged ancestry roots.
3. I used to teach to undergrads, then young tweens, and now a full-time toddler masha’Allah… Teachers rule!
4. I’m eager for knowledge; Islamic knowledge of Quran and Sunnah should be my priority inshaAllah.
5. I used to be that geeky smarty pants in school, now I change pants and nappies for the little guy.
6. I LOVE animation movies (cartoons), Disney, DreamWorks, the works. Embracing my inner child.
7. I’m an only child, yet have been blessed with ‘sisters in Islam’ near, far, from every colour and every hue.
8. Being a coastal girl born and raised, I’m sometimes a fish out of water in landlocked London.
9. I’m a shopoholic, especially online shopping.
10. I’m a book-worm; yet not as much as I want to be.
11. “Allah above all & family first.”
And now to answer those cute questions from Shaqeena. Here goes;
Why did you start blogging?
It was a golden advice from my soulmate and from my mummy, to channel out those doubts and dilemmas I had as a first time mum. Between a pass time and a passion, I found blogging both liberating and celebrating words and emotions beyond the 150 character limit, outside the boundaries of that Facebook friend list.
What is your dream career?
Islamic marketing professor, professional and practitioner with an amateur baking business venture on the side. God willing, time permitting and of course family first
Who is your inspiration?
Khadija (R.A) among the best women who have ever walked this Earth. She is an exemplary role model that I can only humbly aspire to, in her faith, her family and her entrepreneurial fortune gained and spent for the greater good.
What would your dream writing office look like?
Big window with a sea view, sunny sands and palm trees; actually the office should be that chaise on the shore 😀
Do you prefer to write in the morning, or at night?
It depends on Hamza’s mood, but normally I’m more fresh in the morning, I might jot down ideas, then edit through the day.
What is your favorite dessert?
CHOCOLATE; chocolate everywhere. Seeing it’s in the questions, I would have otherwise included it in random facts.
If you could pick up and move anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Home is where the heart is; so as long as I have my family in my hands and in my heart we can set wherever, although I’ve been looking forward to a tropical Bora Bora since GCSE.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Charms, those beautiful beads that go on bracelets. I am an addict… It all started on our first anniversary; and now I fall for almost every new collection, silver tones with cute pink details; one for every occasion. But… must… stay… strong… resisting… temptation.
High heels or flat shoe?
Flats, I like to walk comfortably in a simple sandal rather than going barefoot halfway through a wedding 7 inch heel (true story).
If you were to be a color, what color would you be? And why?
Pink; hence my blog name. It is the passion of red with purity of white, in a tone of feminine floral fancy.
Describe your style in 3 words
Passionate, Compassionate, Personal
My set of questions is for the fellow nominees:
1. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
2. If you could travel in time; where or when would you go?
3. Who is your favourite author?
4. What is your least likely colour of dress? Why?
5. What is one of your pet peeves? Things that annoy you.
6. Snow or Sun. choose one.
7. What is your most cherished childhood memory?
8. What is your favourite quote?
9. What would be your favourite pet? No limits.
10. What would your ideal CV look like?
11. Describe your inner essence in 3 words.
And the winners/nominees are:
Alhamdulillah first and foremost, and Thank you 💖.